how to Use the correct format in paragraph writing in IELTS coaching
Writing Task 1 in the General Training test is different to that in the Academic test.
In General Training, Writing Task 1, you will need to structure your letter and include:
- A short greeting to the recipient
- An intro telling the recipient why you are writing.
- A paragraph for each of the bullet points in the question or task.
- A short closing.
- The correct letter-writing conventions to start and finish your letter
In Academic, Writing Task 1, when describing a graph, chart or diagram in the question, make sure you have:
- An introduction – rewording of the question
- Body paragraph(s) – key details, their relevance, comparisons, etc.
- An overview or summary of the main ideas.
For the Writing Task 2 essay, you will write using essay format. You should have:
- An introductory paragraph where you write the thesis statement – what the essay will be about
- Body paragraphs (usually 2 to 3) with clearly defined topics supported with details and examples
- A conclusion summarising the points in your essay.