Uber B.V. (“Uber”) will conduct the “Ride Your Way to the Grammy’s Promotion” (the “Event”) substantially as described in these rules. By entering or participating, each entrant (“Entrant”) agrees to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects.
1. Eligibility: Unless otherwise specified, the Event is open only to persons (i) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; (ii) have an Indian passport that is valid for 6 (six) months from date of return from the Event (Handwritten passports and passports valid for 20 (twenty) years are not accepted in many international locations. Hence the passport should be machine written and validity should not be more than 10 (ten) years.) and (iii) who are registered as a rider on the Uber platform and have taken at least one successful qualifying ride paid for using a MasterCard card by December 31, 2016. Employees, officers and representatives, and the immediate family members of such employees, officers and representatives of Uber or its affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, Uber partners and their drivers, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfilment of the Event (collectively, the “Event Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
2. How To Enter: The Event will begin at 12.01 a.m. on 15th December, 2016 and end at 11.59 p.m. on 31st December, 2016 (the “Event Period).The Event can be entered into in the following manner: (a) by taking a ride on the Uber mobile application in one of the Participating Cities (as defined below), and using a MasterCard debit or credit card to successfully pay for the entirety of the ride (an “Eligible Ride”). One Eligible Ride shall be equal to one successful entry into the Event. There shall be no restrictions on the number of Eligible Rides a person may take during the Event Period.
Uber is the official timekeeping device for entry in the Event. “Participating Cities” include the following:
Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise may be disqualified from the Event at Uber’s sole and absolute discretion. The use of any scripts, computer programs, robotic repetitive, macro, automatic, programmed or similar automated entry methods or agents to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person or that person’s agents. Uber will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. All Entrants who are not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entrants”.
By entering the Event, Entrant: (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretation of these Official Rules by Uber and by the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules;
and (c) agrees to comply with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Getting a Gift is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules and being able to obtain a valid visa for the United States of America.
3. Gifts: The gifts to be provided to the Successful Rider(s) of the Event will consist of) (1) package (each, a “Gift”, and collectively, the “Gifts”), with one (1) package to be gifted to two (2) Successful Rider(s) and their plus one(s) (“Plus One”). Each Gift shall include: (a) two (2) economy class air ticket to Los Angeles, United States of America; (b) four-star hotel accommodation for the Successful Rider and Plus One for three (3) nights, with there to be double occupancy per hotel room; (c) daily breakfast for two (2) at the hotel; (d) airport transfers to and from the hotel; (e) transportation to and from program activities; (f) private tour of Los Angeles and the Hollywood Walk of Fame for the Successful Rider and Plus One; (g) professional makeover prior to the GRAMMY Awards; and (h) access to exclusive MasterCard pre-reception and the GRAMMY Awards. The approximate total retail value of the Gifts (in aggregate) is approximately US$25,000 or as otherwise specified by Uber.
If for any reason any of the Gifts, or any part thereof, is unavailable or any part of a Gift or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason,Uber reserves the right to modify the Event in its sole discretion and award a substitute gift, or portion of gift, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Gift, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Successful Rider. Uber and the Event Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Successful Rider who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Gift or any part thereof. In the event a potential Successful Rider cannot accept the Gift or any part thereof, Uber will decide who will be awarded with the Gift. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Gift are solely the Successful Rider’s responsibility.Successful Riders agree to comply with any additional terms and conditions applicable for attending the Event. Each of the Gifts is provided “as is”. Entrants acknowledge that Uber and the Event Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Gifts, including any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose.
The value of the Gift will be taxable to the Successful Rider as income. All tax liability, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Gift not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely within the Successful Rider’s responsibility (regardless of whether the gift, in whole or in part, is used).
4. Successful Rider Selection and Notification: The Successful Riders will be determined by the selection of two (2) people from the pool of Entrants by a random electronic draw, or otherwise in accordance with such method specified by Uber at Uber’s sole and exclusive discretion.
The Successful Rider will be selected after the data is run on January 02,42017.The Successful Rider would be informed on 2nd January, 2017.In case of a tie, Uber will consider the rider with higher lifetime billings shall prevail.
Each of the Gifts will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address registered on the Uber rider account from which the Eligible Rides have been taken. The authorized account holder is the person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain names associated with e-mail addresses. The Successful Riders will be notified shortly following the end of the Event by email (at the email address registered on the Uber platform), by phone (at the phone number registered on the Uber platform), or such other method specified by Uber, and will be required to confirm their email addresses and/or phone numbers.
Additionally, Uber and the Event Entities reserve the right to make a public announcement, announcing the Successful Riders on either the Uber website, through the Uber app, or in any manner (including, without limitation, social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)), which they deem appropriate. If a Successful Rider cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted and/or fails to respond to confirm his/her email address within one (1) day (or such other time specified by Uber) from when the initial notification email is sent, the Successful Rider forfeits its Gift, and an alternate Successful Rider will be selected. If the alternate Successful Rider does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise unable to accept the Gift, the Gift is forfeited and another alternate Successful Rider will be selected. This Successful Rider selection and notification process shall be continued until a Successful Rider is confirmed. If a Gift or a gift notification is returned as undeliverable, such Gift will be forfeited and an alternate Successful Rider will be selected.
5. Successful Rider Verification: Uber may, in its sole discretion, require the Successful Riders to prove eligibility and verify his or her identity. The Successful Rider must send in a photo of their and their Plus One’s passport within 5 minutes of winning the experience on the shared contact details.
If a Successful Rider (or any Successful Riders) is unable to prove eligibility within the time given and/or in the event of non-compliance by a Successful Rider (or alternate Successful Rider), such Successful Rider (or alternate Successful Rider) shall be disqualified and shall forfeit its gift, and all privileges otherwise due as a Successful Rider shall be terminated and an alternate Successful Rider will be chosen in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entrants.
Uber expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Successful Riders for any reason it deems necessary.In addition, Uber reserves the right to select an alternate Successful Rider in the event that any Successful Rider fails to comply with these Official Rules.
6. Liability Release and Indemnity:
By entering the Event, Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Uber and any other Event Entities from any and all…